In a world that changes so quickly, personal experience and even current publications cannot keep pace with changes in the educational field.
For more than 17 years, Dr. Shumsky has offered his expertise and advice on learning, education and career choices to groups of educators, counselors, parents, and students.
A frequent speaker at PTO meetings, seminars, and civic groups, his topics range from current trends in college entrance criterion to new methods of treating learning disabilities. Current favorites include:
- Identifying Your Child's True Potential
- Finding a Balance -- Minimizing Academic Stress
- Going from Your Child's Task-Master to Advisor
- Parenting in the Midst of Chaos
- Letting on Top of Learning Disabilities
- Identifying and Dealing with At-Risk Teens
- Eating Disorders - A New Epidemic?
Dr. Shumsky often custom designs courses to help small groups with their specific topics of interest. He has had demonstrated success, for example, in guiding parents and students through the college application process and in updating high school counselors on current trends on college entrance requirements.
For groups that want to minimize time and cost, Dr. Shumsky can conduct his seminars via teleconferencing. In live, interactive sessions, he can lecture on one or several topics, respond to questions, and conduct workshops on his areas of expertise.
Coming Soon! Videoconferencing
Call for details.